View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #1557
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"Software without bugs does not exist", sure. But MFT glitches on many of its functions on a daily basis. I've driven those Chrysler/Dodge vehicles for months now, and they have never once missed a beat, or even taken longer than 0.5 seconds to respond.

MFT wasn't a cluster#$% before, I don't think. MFT3 has tons of empty, unused screen space. It wouldn't be so bad to show the full RDS data in the huge empty space that is FM, would it? Or to show the phone's battery life in the yellow bar?

As for "UI experts", the closest I know are a couple recent Graphic Design and Computer Science grads. They don't see MFT3 as any sort of improvement, but rather a sneaky way to improve performance by getting rid of complex graphics. There's no excuse for the grey block on the Inputs panel that's empty when you scroll down to page 2 (which you now have to for BT Audio, because AM gets its own block). There's no reason for the incredibly huge pause/seek buttons in BT audio.

There's also no reason I can think of to reduce the vibrance of the colours. I can't fathom how that would have been an issue to anyone, so why make it appear more grey rather than colourful?

I'm not saying they should make it look as complex as the Chrysler system... which really isn't that difficult to use. But they made it way too simple, to the point where it still looks like a project, a work in progress. Too many blocks with no polish. Too much empty space. There's no point in having such a big screen if most of it is completely empty.

And again, why not make the handicap accessibility sized icons and fonts an option? (For those who bought something then decided it's too complicated). Everyone keeps trying to slam those who don't like the new MFT design, but we bought something and then it was changed on us. How about those people who bought it and complained to Ford that it's too complicated?