Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
.......snip...... My MFT definitely does not look like garbage. If that doesn't work, escalate the issues you have beyond the dealership. Squeeky wheel and all that. You shouldn't put up with the problems you describe since we all have a warranty (recently extended) on our systems.
I think you'll find many people think the new MFT looks very plain and incomplete by comparison to previous MFT and other touch screen systems.

Having massive next/pause/previous buttons, using giant bold letters for everything, and RDS info that uses only a tiny little block of the screen (compared with the Dodge/Chrysler version, which shows the complete RDS data at once). They even desaturated the colours from MFT2 to MFT3. We have 2 Foci, one still on 2 and one forced to upgrade to 3.

My point is that it's still slow to respond (albeit, feels faster than 2) compared to competitors products. That Chrysler one you can mash buttons all day and the delay is never more than 0.5 seconds til the next screen... usually it's there before you remove your finger.

Even if MFT doesn't crash, and setting aside its vast array of quirks and flaws... it's already quite inferior to many other touch systems out there. I'm glad you think it looks polished, but many disagree. Even the big grey empty space in the Sources area when you're on the second page of them... people comment on how it looks like it's only partially complete... like it's in design stage. Like they still have to add graphics, gradients, buttons, and effects.

And it wouldn't have killed them to make the accessibilty-sized fonts and buttons an option... like it is on computers, phones, etc.