Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #1079
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've got a new oddity to add to the mix; since I had the clutch replacement for gears 2, 4, and 6 (which cured the terrible clutch chatter), it has now developed, for lack of a better explanation, a double-clutch shift from first to second. Transmission in "D" mode.

Is this what others' 1 to 2 gear shift anomaly is like?:

At a stop, first gear is great. When it shifts to second, I get what appears a clean shift, then a split second later, it acts like the clutch releases for a second time on its own, and shifts into second gear again. This double jerk lasts only milliseconds, and I've counted the upshifts to determine it is not shifting into 3rd gear when this happens. All other gear changes are fine. Running through the gears at moderate throttle are fine as well. It is intermittent in nature, so reproducing the problem with a tech. riding with me is going to be hit-and-miss.

Has anyone else experienced this weird oddity?

I have to make a trip to Rochester, MN, for a few weeks, so do not have time to do anything, other than ask if anyone else has experienced this?

I'm beginning to think my Focus hates me, for talking so badly about my wife's Cruze! ;-]

I know my DCT hates me, and the feeling is mutual. Once again, this DCT and I are having a very strained relationship, but the rest of the car and I share Utopia.