Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How-To: Trunk Button LED
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
kris4christ2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59197
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

Points 1,884, Level 25
Points: 1,884, Level: 25 Points: 1,884, Level: 25 Points: 1,884, Level: 25
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 kris4christ2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesperformance View Post
very nice, not sure if this will work on my 01, since my button is totally different, but im goin to look into it and try....
Here's a good place for all of the LED Conversion you want to do: http://forums.focaljet.com/interior-...onversion.html

The link Tiger-Heli provided has a second way, perhaps easier, to do the window/door switches.
The conversion above doesn't include the Trunk Button. There's probably one out there somewhere, but I never found a How-To for it on here nor FocalJet, nor elsewhere on the web, thus why I made one.

As Sniper Focus shows, it's not much different And that way looks a lot easier.

** When searching on FJ for this, I came across posts saying there are some with certain years (I don't know which) that can't be lit up? Like the car image is just paint and not translucent (similar to cruise controls). So I would just make sure yours can in fact have an LED. If not, you can probably just buy another one with the translucent piece, and use the old one for practice.