Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #259
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
I was about to say I bet it was only at the beginning of the tank. lol I filled up at half tank. That was without interstate driving, my tires need more air, 100lbs or so of system, and 17 inch rims. I could probly hit 40 if I tried. I used the high temp paint as well.

hanks eagle_eye! Alright well. All that means is somewhere along the line you or a previous owner took the back panels off. This might be hard to explain without pictures. You know the part of the seatbelt that slides up and down so you can aadjust it if you are shorter or taller? Well there is a prong that has to be stuck back in that. otherwise, just the piece of plastic itself moves but inside the belt is still at the same height, and the piece of slidey plastic just acts as a brake. ya dig? lol Originally, (I was tired of everyone complaining) I took the panel off and sprayed it all with wd40. Both sides worked great without the panel on. I put the panel back on and it didnt work! I eventually figuref it out. Oh and if you have a seatbelt cushion thing on your seatbelt it adds to the problem. Mine had one form my parents totaled wagon, but it was really heavy. After I fixed the seatbelt it still retracted, just slow. I went ahead and took them off and now it works great. Hope that helped!
Sweet, I am going to get on fixing this ASAP. I'm home now so I should have fresh pics up on my thread pretty soon. I have some mods to get going on.
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES
|K&N Typhoon CAI|Magnaflow Catback Exhaust|Megan Racing Springs|Front Strut Brace|SVT 21mm Rear Sway Bar|Prothane Bushings and Endlinks|Steeda STS|