Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Assembly Lube, worth the extra $?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #43
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 3,221, Level 35
Points: 3,221, Level: 35 Points: 3,221, Level: 35 Points: 3,221, Level: 35
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 25 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey, they're engine builders, they say to use that procedure on EVERYTHING THEY REBUILD, yep even lowly tinkertoy zetecs.

Look, it's all about GUARANTEED end result on ANY engine. The idea being to put everything in your favor you can. I am well aware of how little spring load is on these. I can push the valves open by hand on the stock ones.

The statement about having not built any engines is pretty funny, I'll leave it at that. Once you build enough of them you figure out it doesn't matter what you call the parts, what matters is what you do with them. Lifter, tappet, follower, bucket, all same part to me, all I need to know is what engine I'm working on to draw up a plan. On all the Honda bike DOHC twincams I built the 'bucket' as you call it was called tappet or lifter by them in the manual. Later manuals changed to word lifter only to apparently avoid confusion. Looking in them as I write. I guess they're idiots too, huh?

The intended actions ARE the same, to open/close the valve. What other thing could they do?? Maybe YOU are the one that has not built very many engines, eh?

Com'on, we both know otherwise, you sound pretty smart to me. You just need to back off putting it out there like you are the only guy that can build a motor. I've got literally hundreds under my belt and no time to tell all of them. Heck, I could pick up some puffer knowledge from you, all my stuff was pretty much NA.