Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #1068
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97050
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 PrideSax711 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012FocusSEL View Post
Hey everyone! I am new to posting on this forum as a member but i have been following a lot of threads on here for a month or so with that said after reading 90 pages of this particular thread i feel armed to the hilt with part numbers, TSB's, useful info and a ton of acronyms!

So i have a SEL Focus build date 22.11.2011 with just over 1K on it now and i absolutely love everything about it... except when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear i get a nice chatter/grinding/uncomfortable sound. I see several others have or have had the same issue but have yet to see anyone with the low speed chatter either have the issue fixed or be told it's normal, so should i be concerned or just let it ride out and see if it worsens? Thanks!
Wow, I have the exact same build date on my SE! I am going to get the transmission reflashed pretty soon. The 1st to 2nd gear sound is happening on mine too every once in a while and the reflash is supposed to fix it.