Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #227
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistofoleez View Post
New: The noises are getting worse as the days get warmer...
Hello Mistofoleez,

It's a pleasure to meet you!

Please make an appointment with your dealer, and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
I went to the Dealer today and my service rep had a tech drive the car and the tech heard nothing. So the rep had me drive and he rode along and right on the way out of the parking lot "Lo and behold" the Noise was there and made a bunch of noise till we got back. so he heard it...]
Hi stang74shelby,

It's good to know the dealer is addressing your concern. I can contact the Customer Service Manger for your area in order to add another layer of assistance. To do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
...Sorry it's been a while since I've been on the forum but after reading all the new comments I'm starting to get discouraged. I talked with my CSM and she told me to take it to another dealership...
I'll be taking my vehicle to a different dealer next week to address the noise issue but also because my back seats have come apart from the backing and the leather...
Hello HornedFrog05,

Second opinions never hurt.

How about shooting me a PM with with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN? I will contact the Customer Service Manager on your behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
I also had the 11-11-2 TSB done last year. it did not fix my problem...... This TSB was done at the 2nd dealer after they acknowledged the sound. When I told them the sound is still there, they said it was normal...
Hey theos2,

I certainly don't want this situation to strain your relationship with Ford Motor Company. Please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus eh View Post
The dealer called me today and said that the tech called the hotline after replacing the strut, strut mount, CV-joint, and right front engine mount....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus eh View Post
The dealer has ordered new springs for a TSB that apparently should not affect my VIN. Ford has suggested they change them out anyway so we'll see what happens....
Focus eh,

Thank you for your patience as the dealership addresses the concern. It's truly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
I am narrowing the sound down to the exhaust system. I have found that i can make the noise happen by lugging the engine a bit, which makes the exact same sound as the slow speed clunk/rattle that i get...
Hey Lipshurt,

Have you taken the Focus to the local Ford dealer? If not, please make an appointment with your dealer, and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Take care all and have a GREAT weekend!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 05-08-2012 at 08:29 AM.