Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AEM wideband to xcal3 question
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #82
J0EC00L
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86480
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus

Points 4,633, Level 43
Points: 4,633, Level: 43 Points: 4,633, Level: 43 Points: 4,633, Level: 43
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 J0EC00L Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN View Post
Well, once you get the header and the wideband all connected and set up and pulled through the firewall and ready to go, then what must you do in order to get a datalog to send to Tom? Do you just plug in to the wideband itself? Or is it more complicated than that?

I'll hopefully be getting my header install tomorrow. So, after that, I'll for sure get the tune.

Will my car run fair enough between having the header put on and uploading a tune?
You will need the data cable that connects your SCT tuner that you get with a Tom tune to your wide band. The cable has a IEE1394 end to connect to the SCT and 4 wires on the other end. you only need one wire to connect your wide band to the cable. There are 2 data wires I believe I used the White one which is data 1. Then the SCT can get the data from the wide band. After you get the SCT device you need to download the software - get version Live Link 6.5 for logging. To load the Tunes you need the SCT updater software. When you first get going Tom will log into your laptop and setup what to log. Once you do it once its easy.

Joe