Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AEM wideband to xcal3 question
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 AM   #79
J0EC00L
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86480
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus

Points 4,662, Level 43
Points: 4,662, Level: 43 Points: 4,662, Level: 43 Points: 4,662, Level: 43
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 J0EC00L Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN View Post
Is the AEM wideband easy to install with the FSWerks 4-1 Header and get it all hooked up properly?

I was looking at that header. It is nice because it has the 2 O2 bungs on the collector. This will be perfect for a Front O2 and Wideband O2. My POS header from OBX had the bungs on the two Ys(giving a reading from 2 cylinders only) so I ended up welding them shut and putting new bungs in the collector to get accurate readings from all 4 cylinders.

The wide band O2 just screws into one of the O2 bungs then run the cable through your firewall to your inside and mount it. Its easy. You will need a tune to delete your rear O2. Or you can buy a O2 cheat. My buddy makes and sells them.

I have been actually debating going to that header but since I am going turbo soon I should just wait. I would like to get the 2 1/2 inch exhaust but I would need an adapter to connect it to my 2" flex pipe so I can use it now and then connect it to the turbo manifold when I go turbo and get 2 1/2 all the way.