Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1062
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrono View Post
Hey all after about 3 weeks of driving after having the the trans flashed, I have to say the car is definitely shifting better and seems to have better pick up (no more shudder either) I think that if Ford would have had this update installed right off the bat the Focus would have beaten the Elantra in test. Good job on update Ford, you should have done it this way in the first place.
I just got mine flashed and I noticed immediately that it was shifting better. At one point, I took a 90 degree turn and hit the gas. The car immediately shifted into the correct gear and took off. This would have had some noticeable delay before. It is a huge improvement. I did notice that it didn't entirely fix the grinding sound at low speeds, but it seems like the shift point is higher for 1st, so it doesn't do it as often.

All in all, for me this is a step up. My build was Sept 2011, so i was at least 2 updates behind.

Last edited by gkirk; 05-02-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo