Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Finally dynoing the Focus 5/2/12
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #45
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Points 41,045, Level 100
Points: 41,045, Level: 100 Points: 41,045, Level: 100 Points: 41,045, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
I want a header too but want to wait til they make a kit that specifies its for the 2012 and can be installed with their race system without modification to the exhaust.
Well if a header is in your future, you will need to consider calling FSwerks at that time to order the stealth portion of the exhaust kit. Unless you like obnoxiously loud cars. I help work on a lot of the older Duratec motors and had a friend with a D20 with a race header and trubends exhaust only one muffler no resonator and his car was stupid loud.

But focusboy is in uncharted areas with this new motor and I want to believe that 200 whp with basic bolt on's and a tune (when it comes out) is achievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
focusboy said the F2/fswerks one will fit without modification.
Yeah the header will bolt to the block but you will have to make sure you get the longer flex pipe so you don't have to pull the cat-back portion of the exhaust forward.
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section