Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New SVT...completley screwed (edit: not completely screwed anymore)
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #92
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11223
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 p0sitivevibez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
WELLLL..

grinding noise turned out to be really bad. Focus_Family and fam helped fill up my transmission fluid (it was very low). Grinding noise got better, almost gone. Driving down highway today to work, I put it in neutral at 70mph just to test it out. Wouldn't go into gear. Pulled off, couldn't start it in gear at all. They came down from Htown and drove my car home without the clutch (rev matching), and then bled it in my driveway. No go. Slave cylinder/clutch is toast. FML.

But Focus_Family and another buddy of mine from Virginia said they can help me install a new one. I can't afford to take it to a shop. Looking at the LUK kit, Exedy OEM, Brute Force and some others. I'm gonna take their advice and steer clear of the cheap off brand ones of ebay. Something I know is good by name cuz don't want any more problems. I've gotta class ring and some other stuff to sell to get some clutch money woot!

By the time this is over, the whole dayum car will be new.

Last edited by p0sitivevibez; 05-02-2012 at 02:17 PM.