Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Daytime running lights (DRL)
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #85
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
Thats why in bad conditions you have HEADLIGHTS. (in Europe IE. Germany, if you don't have all your lights on in those conditions you get cited).. to me DRL's may be a good thing but if you can't see a big a55 RED SUV coming at you, then you don't need to be driving. Seems like another way to LAZY-IZE people. Just like all the Automatics in the states...another way to take the concentration of what you should be doing "DRIVING" , Sure I realize in certain situations Automatics are better, and if drag racing you can get more consistent times. I know sounds like another Knock on Auto Drivers. Nothing wrong with them, just seems like another way to make people more lazy.
1) German vehicles all have DRL's, so not sure what your point is.

2) Not everyone drives a "big a55 RED SUV," so not sure what your point is.

3) DRL's are a safety feature - it has nothing to do with being lazy or not. They are designed to increase visibility of vehicles during the day, when people wouldn't normally turn on their headlamps (also, full-power headlamps would use more energy in these situations). Sort of mystified as to why anyone would be against something as innocuous as DRL's...I mean, what's wrong with seeing and being seen?