Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #1390
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd love some additional details on the leather sport packages. Are they both 203a? Where are they located? The black is my preferred color actually, but I'm not too strongly attached to it.

Thanks very much for responding. I've got a few additional questions regarding first time buyers and student programs.
If I understand correctly, the student program is nationwide?yes it is. I'm currently enrolled in a 4-year university, and if I'm reading it from here correctly all dealers have this. Does this affect the price I would negotiate, or does that rebate come directly from ford? it is a rebate it doesn't affect the price of the vehicle being soldI've been working a bit with the dealer that has the aforementioned vehicle and he says they usually do at invoice for the pricing (I think the salesman works with autonation), is this pretty standard?sounds about right, not a fan of autonation but invoice is fair, what's important is getting the vehicle you want.
Is the first time buyers match also nationwide? it is nationwide yes. just match so you only need $500Also, they match, not double match? so just $500 down is needed to get that additional $500 rebate?

Finally, I've got a question about the MPG of these vehicles. I don't know if you know the answer, but the post your MPG thread is 70 pages long and the the 10 or so pages i read didn't have this.
What is the deal with the MPG on these cars? 26/36 is with titanium handling pkg, 28 38 is just auto and up to 40 is SFE pkg, your ROI is a few years for the SFE because of the added cost. 2 mpg will cost $100 more or less per year. Some I see are 26/36, some 28/38, and I've heard people talk of 30/40. The high end have a SFE or some type of efficiency package, right? Are the 26/36vs28/38 just a change in measuring or was that amended? The one I'm looking at is 26/36 and i want to make sure I'm getting the best model i can. If they're marginally different it isn't a concern.

Thanks for your time! This is very helpful in my decision process

Window Sticker:

Vehicle Description VIN 1FAHP3K21CL 390419
FOCUS 2012 5-DR HATCH SE
2.0L I4 GDI ENGINE
5-SPD MANUAL TRANSMISSION Exterior
TUXEDO BLACK METALLIC
Interior
CHARCOAL BLACK TRIMLEATHER-TRIM SPORT BKT SEATS

Price Information BASE PRICE $18,300

Included on this Vehicle
EQUIPMENT GROUP 203A 1,385