Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #1389
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Costco is usually on par with X plan depending on region, just check out your pricing with participating dealers.
Now with regard to rebates most of the US has a $750 rebate plus $750 trade assistance. For first time buyers there is a $500 rebate that is basically matching down payment for what you put down (ex: you put $250 down and Ford matches up to $500).

You want the tuscany red leather correct? I only found 2 in Florida they are both tuxedo black.
I'd love some additional details on the leather sport packages. Are they both 203a? Where are they located? The black is my preferred color actually, but I'm not too strongly attached to it.

Thanks very much for responding. I've got a few additional questions regarding first time buyers and student programs.
If I understand correctly, the student program is nationwide? I'm currently enrolled in a 4-year university, and if I'm reading it from here correctly all dealers have this. Does this affect the price I would negotiate, or does that rebate come directly from ford? I've been working a bit with the dealer that has the aforementioned vehicle and he says they usually do at invoice for the pricing (I think the salesman works with autonation), is this pretty standard?
Is the first time buyers match also nationwide? Also, they match, not double match? so just $500 down is needed to get that additional $500 rebate?

Finally, I've got a question about the MPG of these vehicles. I don't know if you know the answer, but the post your MPG thread is 70 pages long and the the 10 or so pages i read didn't have this.
What is the deal with the MPG on these cars? Some I see are 26/36, some 28/38, and I've heard people talk of 30/40. The high end have a SFE or some type of efficiency package, right? Are the 26/36vs28/38 just a change in measuring or was that amended? The one I'm looking at is 26/36 and i want to make sure I'm getting the best model i can. If they're marginally different it isn't a concern.

Thanks for your time! This is very helpful in my decision process!