Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #1388
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Hey thanks for doing this thread!

Perhaps you can give some guidance. I'm in the process of looking for a first new car, and the focus is definitely my #1.
I'm looking at getting an
SE hatchback
Manual transmission
Sports package
203a
leather seats
Not picky on colors, but don't like any of the "premium ones"

I found one with the previous specs in gray with cloth seats, and was wondering if you could give a first time buyer some advice on haggling. What type of price should i be able to get this vehicle for?
Is the costco member discount going to provide an advantage? I know they have a $500 rebate, but do they typically sell at a higher price because of this rebate?

I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida and the aforementioned grey vehicle is in Sanford, Florida. Can you provide any assistance with locating near that area? within a few hours drive would be nice, but if they can be switched between dealers it's truly irrelevant.

Thanks for everything!
Costco is usually on par with X plan depending on region, just check out your pricing with participating dealers.
Now with regard to rebates most of the US has a $750 rebate plus $750 trade assistance. For first time buyers there is a $500 rebate that is basically matching down payment for what you put down (ex: you put $250 down and Ford matches up to $500).

You want the tuscany red leather correct? I only found 2 in Florida they are both tuxedo black.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com