View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sometimes 11x or Special Forces can be beneficial. A friend of mine (who is now very well off) did 8 years in the Army as Special Forces. He got out in like 96 and started working Executive Protection. He did this for 2 yrs, in 98 he formed his own company, they became quite successful, a series of poor decisions resulted in the company going up in flames in 2003, in 2004 he went to work as a security contractor for the Military in Iraq. Because of his many years of experience (8 years in the army, 7 years in Executive Protection) he quickly was promoted up in ranks and was a program manager by 2007 he worked 2 more years in that position. Took a cushy job in Europe for 2 years and in late 2010 he got a crazy job offer to be program manager for protecting ships in the horn of Africa, he makes damn near half a million a year.

He went into Special Forces because his dad told him not to join the Army, and if he did get a desk job. He hated his dad so he went Special Forces in the Army.

Although I would add that I really don't think his success comes from his background but more so his personality, he is very smart, a great decision maker, and extremely good at net working.