Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?)
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #54
forcuscdn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98352
What I Drive: 2012 red forcus

FF Reputation: 1 forcuscdn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Forcus Costs..plus extras

2012 White Titanium Hatchback
Windsor Essex Ontario Dealer
0% up to 72 months.

MSRP sticker $30,509 Total plus tax
Options included were:
401A Group Pack ($500)
White Paint ($300)
Luxury Package ($1500)
Vision Group
18" Wheels ($480)
Nav ($700)

"A" Plan
$28,043
less $750 Delivery rebate for $27,292 plus 13% tax.

Extra add in costs $60 Gas Fee.
Fright Charge $1500

End cost was about $439/month at 0% for 72 months.
Why 72 months...at 0%, why not...:)

Hidden Costs by Dealer.
(These are the extra charges that are auto added to the end cost of the car that you may not know about until you sign). Just make sure to always check your numbers before you sign, they should always add up. Your payments/month x number of years in short, should always equal your MSRP, or A plan costs plus tax.

$139 for Nitrogen Tire Fee (When asked they said $99 of that was for the Lug Nut locks on the car. Just to note they do not pay extra for this as they come shipped with the car from Ford. I had this waved)

$399 Finance Fee via Ford Credit.

Again we had this waved. The dealer was going to charge me it until I brought this to there attention (read below). ALL A plan members do NOT pay any Admin Fee's!! This is noted in the A Z Rules PDF file that can be found

"My dealer insists on charging a “documentary fee.” Is this allowed?No. Fees for document preparation or similar administrative services are not allowed."

"For clarification of Plan Rules, call 1-800-828-7870 with your concern before closing any sale or lease transaction"

At the end of the day I am happy with the car. I paid fair cost for it and the dealer made out on there end. Remember that their Invoice price they say they are paying typically includes about a 2% "Hold Back" allowance, that ford will pay the dealer once the car is sold.