Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
HappyHarryNET
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98338
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 HappyHarryNET Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello Everyone!

So glad we checked to see if the 2012 Focus had a forum or if Googling found air conditioning problems with the new 2012 Focus autos; and there is!

Our 2012 Focus SE since the minute we drove it off the lot has had the weak air conditioning issues described here on this forum.

When our weather became 75 and 80 degrees, having the A/C set 100%, recycling air, even after 10 minutes of cool air, it does not cool you off! Our 2003 Focus' A/C kicks holy butt on this car. But now that we have read, we need to call Ford and schedule a warranty fix. I plan to PRINT OUT THIS FORUM to show proof there is a problem with new units and what they need to look for to correct OUR air conditing. We are within our bumper-to-bumper 36,000 mile warranty and we also purchased Ford's platinum 7 year warranty; glad we did now.

Problems:

+ air only cool at best on full blast; will not cool you off even when only 70F degrees outside

+ turning air thermostat to just below the start of the white area on dial, warm air begins to appear. THIS IS WRONG

We will report to Ford:

+ the condenser may be bad

+ the air dampers may not be set correctly, allowing hot air into the system from the heater even when the A/C was on

AND WE WILL FOCUS THEM ON THIS FACT:
whereas the car is new, there were a lot of areas the techs initially may refuse to look or troubleshoot; leading to customer disatisfaction and a non-repaired vehicle. Ford may have a hard time believing our A/C system could be so badly broken with only a few hundred miles on the vehicle.

WE will provide Ford this Ford Forum's reporting and will not let them bait us to accept anything less than ICE COLD AIR CONDITIONING!

CUSTOMER RESPONSE AFTER FIXING THIS PROBLEM:
Yesterday when the wife picked me up I was amazed at the difference. The car was keeping cool easily on low fan speeds, and the temp control actually worked! Before the fix the temp dial was a psychopathic monster. A hair of a turn was the difference between uncomfortable and burnt. The temp dial now actually gives us a full range of temps! What a concept! This is definitely related to the calibration issue... and I hope it helps you guys track down your issue. The A/C system does in fact work if its running right. So there's hope!

The above customer statement PROVES our air conditiong IS IN FACT not functioning properly and had I tested the A/C before taking delivery, I NEVER would have taken delivery of our car!

HHNET
2012 Kona Blue Focus SE