Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #205
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaFocus2012 View Post
My car is only 3 days old and has very low miles and I have the same problem with the strut making noise when the car "warms" up. It is driving me nuts!!!! This is the first time I have owned a Ford, don't get me wrong I love Ford's we have owned several and currently my hubby owns a 2012 Ford Raptor and couldn't ask for a better truck. I have not talked to the dealership yet about the problem because it began the first night after we brought it home and it set idle for a while. The next morning it didn't make any sounds so I told my hubby we didn't need to worry about it cause it had stopped. Later I went to pick our son up and had to sit in the car line at school and it started again. I'm sorry but a new car shouldn't have issues right off the bat. I love my Focus but I would love it more if it didn't have this problem/noise.
Does it happen when you creep forward (without putting your foot on the gas)? If so, that could possibly be caused by a bad motor mount or the trans causing exceissive vibration.

I'm also a bit confused because the suspension (from what I know) is not really related to the engine's temp. I had a 2008 that would make some strut noise whether the car was warmed up or not, or whether it was freezing out side or blazing hot. Either way, I'd have them look at the transmission and the motor mounts. Your transmission will make some small noises which I'm guessing a normal, especially at low speeds (under 20 mph).

Is the noise more of a speak, thud, or a knocking sound?