Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #31
mcbeenb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97940
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mcbeenb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fixed!

Great news guys. Our car is fixed. As it turned out, it was a combination of issues, but the primary problem was the sensors in the climate control system were not set/calibrated. This was causing lots of heat from the heater coil to spoil the system. On top of that, our condenser was defective, causing very poor cooling... if any.

So, in our case persistence paid. The main problem was that since the car was so new, there were a lot of areas the techs initially refused to look. They had a hard time believing the system could be so badly broken.

Yesterday when the wife picked me up I was amazed at the difference. The car was keeping cool easily on low fan speeds, and the temp control actually worked! Before the fix the temp dial was a psychopathic monster. A hair of a turn was the difference between uncomfortable and burnt. The temp dial now actually gives us a full range of temps! What a concept! This is definitely related to the calibration issue... and I hope it helps you guys track down your issue.

The A/C system does in fact work if its running right. So there's hope!