Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #1049
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
FINALLY got the update for my car. So far (only 10 miles on the update) here is what I can find:

* Seems to shift into reverse much smoother. No more need to tap the gas to get it omove into reverse (after I tapped the gas, it used to jerk backwards and over-rev sometimes).
* Seems to hold 1st gear longer (maybe a bit too long)
* Shifts seem more smoother - not as much clutch noise between/after shifts
* No more "knocking" when I'm creeping forward at a stop light.

WHAT I'M WATCING:
* Clutch noise, to see if it goes away after 200 miles (dealer says it will take the PCM/ECM about 150-200 miles to re-learn its shift strategy and go back to being what most would call "normal" shifting).
* First gear RPM (right now, won't shift to 2nd until about 3500 RPM most of the time, and then quickly shift to 2nd and quickly into 3rd, and then smoothly from there.... again, I'll wait about 200 miles).

Overall, it does seem to perform better.

Now, does anyone have any suggestion for the "relearing" process for the trans? I'm tempted t o drive it a bit harsher than I normally would (ie. forcing it to use the full RPM range of the gear before shifting to the next).

The car is already broken in, it has about 11,000 miles on it, so as for component wear, that's not an issue.

What other people's experiences with this update?