Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - *FREE Trophy Valve Cover kit + T Shirt + Graphic Kit w/ purhcase of ULTIMATE Head!*
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
K Dog
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 23554
What I Drive: Car

Points 15,711, Level 80
Points: 15,711, Level: 80 Points: 15,711, Level: 80 Points: 15,711, Level: 80
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 10 K Dog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tungfumaster View Post

I've stated my desires in multiple places in both forums and not one tuner has stepped up. What I've seen is a bunch of negativity and no solutions offered. Maybe they think I'm not serious, but I assure you I'm ready to throw down the Amex the second someone figures out the correct path and says "I'm your Huckleberry."

I'm open to any and all ideas. If I need to change some of the things I already have? No sweat, I can get my money back out of all of them.

I'll be more than happy to sell you anything you want, but I will not "tell you what you want to hear", only to have you disappointed later.

I'm sure the car would perform great with the mods you have and the cylinder head. But personally, I'd want to make use of my $1500 head better.

Ford was able to garner PZEV status and maintain excellent MPG with the Duratec by making an efficient head and very conservative camshaft specs. The stage 1 is a big improvement. The stage 2 Crowers will provide much more power through the mid and high range (should you purchase a suitable intake manifold) with little to no appreciable loss in low end.

If you can "get your money back" on them, I would. They would be great for someone with a stock cyl head.

Not wanting a "tacky tach" is no reason to install components that are less then ideal for your combo. My speedo only goes to 140 - doesnt mean I shouldn't try and go faster! ;)

I too am not much for big 5" monster tachs, especially in my street cars.

I've got an Autometer 2 1/16" DPSS in my race car. Small package combines digital tach (0-15K) along with a multi stage shift light, launch light, etc.

Combine that with a mounting cup:

And you've got a nice low key accurate tool.