Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #192
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr0204 View Post
...Well, I had my appointment this afternoon...
I described the noises that the car was currently making to them all. We then went for a test drive and both of them admitted that they did hear the noise but that it was a "normal operating characteristic" of this particular model car and is nothing to be concerned with and it does not pose a safety threat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by meattooth View Post
My SE sport 5 speed just rolled over 1400 miles and I've hearing a squeaky rattle clunk in the front end at low speeds and especially when slowing down to a light or stop sign. ...
My wifes SEL sedan with DCT has about 1600 miles and her's is starting to make the same sound....Here we go
Hi jpr0204 & meattooth,

Itís a pleasure to meet both of you!

Letís have a Customer Service Manager review your concerns. In order to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the escalation process.

@jpr0204 - My family moved to A-town many moons ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus eh View Post
So here's my latest update from this afternoon: My dealer has replaced the following;
1. Strut mount.
2. Strut.
3. CV joint.
4. Right front motor mount.
No dice. Noise is still there...
Hey Focus eh,

I thank you for your patience as the dealer diligently works to address the concern. Another great resource to contact is the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center. Give them a call at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
...I don't really notice the sound so much when I'm alone in the car on my trip into work in the mornings but when I have a couple co-workers in the car headed to lunch its very noticeable when braking and even more noticeable when braking and turning....
Hi Dysan911,

Have you visited your local Ford dealer to have this addressed? If you havenít, please make an appointment as soon as you can and send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I will get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford