Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help. 2000 Zetec spitting out coolant from plug holes on valve cover!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
CitizenPete
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97222
What I Drive: 2000,ZX3,Blue,3DR,Auto,2.0ZETEC16

FF Reputation: 1 CitizenPete Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Good luck. I don't know how those sealers will work when there's nothing to seal- no holes to close. Here's to hoping you sealed it already yourself
Yah, I hear that. .... As Vicky Pollard (from the show "Little Britain" says..) yea but, no but, yea but...

According to one of the "perfessionel" mechanics that looked at the plugs with a high intensity flash light and the eyes of a Ziess macro lens, "I see small bubbles around one of the freeze plugs". I saw them too, but perhaps it was the PB Blaster baking off?

Time will tell.

Today I replace the shot PCV hose and get the thermostat back on, and a valve cover gasket. The trans fluid and filter is planned for next week. I will probably forgo the timing belt for now (?), unless I can find someone to do it for about 200 or less (sans parts). Also need to replace 2 mismatched tires with new ones.

So far:
body work (hood and fender)
filters (cabin, air, fuel, oil)
the PCV hose (next)
License Plates and registration
Tires -2 (planned)
auto trans filter/fluid (planned)
timing belt (on hold)
hopefully this will get it through inspection and on the road for a while

It's amazing how much and how fast money gets poured into this project.