Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #172
jpr0204
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91197
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sedan 5-Speed Stick

FF Reputation: 1 jpr0204 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good Evening All,

Well, I had my appointment this afternoon with the Area Service Rep., the owner of the dealership, and the master technician that previously worked on the car.

I described the noises that the car was currently making to them all. We then went for a test drive and both of them admitted that they did hear the noise but that it was a "normal operating characteristic" of this particular model car and is nothing to be concerned with and it does not pose a safety threat.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. It looks like we are on our own and will have to stick together on this issue until one of us or the team of us find a solution to this very annoying problem.

Ya know, I'm thinking to myself, if this is a "normal operating characteristic" then why did they replace of the same front end parts over five times!!!??? Just sayin...

I just think they know there is a problem but they currently do not have a good fix for it so it is just getting swept under the rug.

Would anybody else like to chime in? I am definately open to any comments and/or suggestions here, becuase I have now currently exhausted every option I have at my disposal.

As always, thanks for the input guys....