Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #169
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr0204 View Post
110% agreed Allyy, I've said the same thing for many months now. No matter how many times they reach into the same bin for a replacement part it is always going to be the same junk that the cars originally came with until enough people lodge a complaint and they issue either another TSB or a recall and redesign the parts that may be causing the probem. But, I don't think they want to admit they have a problem because if the do, they will lose a lot of coin by issuing the recalls.
That's a lot of coins...

But let's say they do come out with a cross-compatible component that fixes the issues, they could probably retro-fit the 2012 Focus and the amount of money lost would be far less by comparison, brand recognition and loyalty would skyrocket because they were conscious of a problem and fixed it for customers, even if it took a little while... And not everyone with this model is experiencing "the problem" to begin with...

I'm not sure if Ford is consciously trying to hide anything... and, surely, if they had, the repercussions could be far, far worse, especially if somebody got injured or killed and it was due to a transmission? But that's hyperbole... but I'm going take them in good faith right now...

To my perception, most of it does seem to be controller-related, rather than the mechanical gears, but I'm certainly not a mechanic... someone said it's the mis-matching of the DCT with an engine that can't provide the RPMs at lower gear levels (1, 2), but I still think most of this has to do with the controlling computer in the DCT...