Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Salesperson pt. 2
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for your input.

What I meant to say is that I don't mind paying whatever normal handling charges there are, but I wouldn't want to buy a car from a distant part of the country if it would cost any more than simply factory ordering one, if that makes sense. It does seem strange that there would be additional "handling fees" on top of destination (never paid this on other cars I've bought, both off the lot and factory ordered), but if that's normal practice with Ford then so be it. I guess the bottom line is that I don't want to be talked into buying an existing vehicle if it actually ends up costing more than a factory ordered one - but it sounds like from your comment that factory ordering is not discouraged.

Anyway, do you know when the 2013 order guides will be out? I know I have about 3 weeks left to order a 2012 if I want one, which is a bit sooner than I'd like, but I'm wondering if the SE Sport package will still be available for 2013?

Thanks again.