Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nitrous Purge kit question
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Dracconixx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37924
What I Drive: 2005 Turbo "Cosworth" ST

FF Reputation: 3 Dracconixx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce01 View Post
Hi everyone,I'm wanting to put a nitrous purge kit on my focus but it's an SPI 2.0L with no internal mods although the exhaust and air intake is upgraded. It's has 112k miles and I plan to rebuild the head and valve seats soon. ZEX has a beginners safe system it gives bewteen 15-35hp. I'm using it for show and don't plan to blow the engine. does this sound like a good idea,and if so would you recommend this kit?
I didn't know Zex made a kit that went to that small of a shot. Honestly, for the investment you would be making, 15-35hp isn't a lot. They have a really good wet kit that can run a 55-75 shot on and is pretty safe (as much as nitrous can be). I ran it for quite some time on my Duratec and never had an issue. However, running an SPI, you are more likely to have issues. It seems you are aware of this however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Should be fine as long as you have a good tune , wide band air fuel gauge and its a wet kit
While they wont hurt, a tune and/or wide band are certainly not necessary. The one advantage you will have with a tuner however is the ability to retard timing. I do absolutely agree however that a wet kit is a necessity.