Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #148
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Except you got a free loaner during the time they took to replace any number of components.

From what you say it sounds like they've done a lot to try to help so far, and it is a true shame that car was a lemon to begin with.

After x number of issues, why couldn't you ask your dealer - nicely - to exchange the entire vehicle for you? Unlike you, they can probably write it off. Assembly lines are cool, but that doesn't mean there aren't non-repeatable problems.

That's creepy, though, if all Titanium models after x number of miles start doing the same thing...

Ok, first off I did get a loaner yes but in the meantime the loaner got damaged during the hail storms we had in Texas, so now I have to pay to fix it, plus a fee because Enterprise has to take the car out of service and is ultimately losing business, plus a processing fee, plus a diminished value fee so you can see why this whole situation has complicated things and added to my frustration.

That being said, judging by the amount of people that have replied to this post, it's not just a Lemon. There seem to be many cars with the same issue, that's my problem. Ford is telling the dealers that this sound might just be a "normal" sound which is just ludicrous. I did talk to my CSMs supervisor yesterday and all she could recommend was that I take it to another dealership and get a "second opinion."

The dealer did mention that they requested Ford send an engineer to come check out the sound but Ford did not approve this request. So, I'm back at square one. Driving around in a clunker.