Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - pyroinsa's ZX5 build thread(sort of)
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #112
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 58 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (47)
I figured that I would post this guide on how to wire EDM taillights, was my first wiring job!!! I used the guide below. On the GEM I had to extend the wires on the first two plugs to get them to run to the third.

Ok so to get to the GEM, leave your glovebox closed and take a 7mm socket to rmove the three screws. To unplug each of the three plugs, just lift up and push back on the yellow tabs. follow front diagram, on plug one and two I extended the wires to reach plug three. I used wire splicers to tap into the wires that I needed to tap into.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172884

On the back where I ran the two wires, I ran the one for the passenger side under the trim and up through the hole where the metal tip on the back of the light sits.

I tried just doing the back first like I found in another guide and i didn't have any lights, so you can try that one, I'm sure it will work on certain Foci, but like I said I used the one above and I worked perfect.
On the back you'll notice the tow red wires, they each go up into the tails and tap into the respective wires on the diagram. The brake lights fit perfect into the turn signals, and it came with the euro light bulbs for the top. If you are having trouble finding bulbs to fit, you can get universal ones at autozone.

The extra wiring was left over from the first attempt using a bad diagram, sorry
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month