Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - First time at the drags! Did a lot better than I thought I would (w/ Vids)
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
SMITHBOY76908
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

Points 14,482, Level 78
Points: 14,482, Level: 78 Points: 14,482, Level: 78 Points: 14,482, Level: 78
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN View Post
Yeah, my track is an Official NHRA track.

Was that with a 2.3L? Honestly, that's kind of discouraging to me because although I have no idea what my car would run fully stock, a 0.2 second increase in time from 16.6 to 16.4 with a CAI/TB/Exhaust seems kinda weak. But my car was pretty damn slow stock, so I'm guessing I would have done somewhere in the 17s.

When you were running 16.6 bone stock, did you gut your trunk?

Anyone think taking out my dash mat and all four floor mats (probably 10lbs total give or take) would benefit me at all next time? I figure every pound counts, so I might as well give it a shot.
Anytime you can drop some weight, it will help. Most of my passes stock were 16.7 - 17.0 range depending on how much I spun. I had full weight to include spare and jack. Remember, I have a 5-speed which will typically be a little quicker than the auto if you can drive half decent. The auto has the consistency though.

When you start getting into sub-10 second territory, the auto overtakes the manual because let's face it, you're going through the gears so fast it's hard to shift that quick. The problem with FWD is it's hard to build an auto transaxle that can handle that kind of power and rpm. The alternative is custom 3 or 4 speed manual gearboxes (IE: Chris Miller's 4-speed low 8 second Civic).