Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurdySE View Post
Our cars run weird and inconvenient wheel and tire sizes!

I'm interested to hear your feedback on those 235/45's... rubbing, comfort, road noise, etc...

Great thread, keep up the good work!
Thank you! I shall try to keep it interesting.

One note about the 235/45 R17 sizing, is that it's really close to the 215/55 R16 tires mine came with standard, meaning the speedometer won't be off by any worrying amount; 0.3%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkleus View Post
Twenty, why don't you smoke your rear turn signal and backup light, and leave the brake lights as is? I think smoking looks so good, just like the older Saabs. What say you?
Funny you should say that, that's another idea I've had in mind for a while. I've seen it done and I do really like the look, especially when it's a light tint. Another choice to explore.

This is the part where I was hoping to say "tires are on and wheels are ready to go!", but I can't.

There was a minor setback today but nothing that was completely unforeseen. In trying to swap the first tire, our machine at work unfortunately took some paint off of the lip of the wheel. It turns out the machine we have won't cooperate with the V70R wheels, so I'm going to have to go elsewhere. In the meantime the damaged wheel has already been sent off to the body shop (my dealership is covering the repair for me and wasted no time in getting it sent out ) so I'll have to wait for it to come back before attempt number 2 can be made. There's a Volvo dealer not too far from my house which I think I'll try next; after all, they should be able to handle a Volvo wheel, right?

It's kind of moot though, as I still need hubcentric rings before the wheels can go on anyway.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.