Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #120
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I took my Focus Titanium in to the shop on March 30th 2012 for a front end noise over bumps at slow speeds under 20mph (this was the second time it had been in for the same noise) and I just got a call today saying that it is completed.

I will translate this to everyone: by completed they mean they give up. The service manager said that they have replaced every part in the front end (struts, springs, etc.) and they cannot at this time get the sound to go away. Ford engineers have advised them to verify that this noise is consistent with other Focus models with similar mileage and they affirmed.

Basically this means that I'm going to have to deal with this sound? That's just bogus and I have to admit, awful of Ford Motor Company. I have been in a rental for 20 days and they're saying that when my car leaves the shop it will still have the same issues as when I initially took it in? I hate this car more and more everyday and I don't know about everyone else that is having this issue but I sure as heck can't "live with it."

After dealing with the CSM for FMC, I have to say that I am shocked and appalled at how the "new Ford" handles their business and treats their customers. I feel completely used and violated as a customer and I will be taking all future business to another manufacturer.