Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford SPI 2.0L Lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
FordSPI
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97882
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 FordSPI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford SPI 2.0L Lawsuit

Has anyone filed a Class Action Lawsuit against Ford? (2.0L SPI Valve Seat Dropping Issue)

I bought my Ford Focus new from the Ford Dealer. The car drove fine on Saturday, no overheating, never had any issues with the car, running great as usual. Woke up Sunday morning, went into garage, turned the key and BAM. After hearing the noise I turned the car off immediately knowing that something was seriously wrong. Remembering the sound I heard I quickly ruled out the Transmission/Clutch since the car was parked and clutch felt fine. Went inside the house...

Once inside, did a couple searches online and saw all the reports of Valve Seats Dropping, right away I went into garage and pulled the spark plugs out. #2 was bent all up. Changed my clothes and went to work pulling it apart. 30+ minutes later I find the engine was done for with damage to not only the Cylinder Head but to the Piston and Sleeve as well.

If I had known this car was prone to this just as any other buyer on the market I would have looked the other way when purchasing this vehicle back in 2004. It's a shame and Ford needs to own up to this.