Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #1348
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
I am on the peninsula of Alaska and my wife insists on not paying delivery, doc and any other fee. She wants flat out invoice price plus any incentives, the dealership here is advertising the base S model for about $14895, of course the add didn't say anything about other fee's, though we did swing by and take a look and they have five base models that have been sitting there for three weeks and dirty unmoved.
Ok, tell your wife she's being insane. Most state laws say that a dealer can charge a doc fee however it has to stay constant. Yes this is pretty much all profit but how else are they going pay for that chair your sitting in.

Your going pay delivery as well, if you don't like it then complain to your congressman. http://www.myride.com/content/shared...filters/Advice

Actually with you being in Alaska you should be quite happy that they dealer can't magically say "Ah we had to spend $2,000 shipping this car to Alaska" which could easily be true. But because of that love it BENEFITS YOU. Last I checked Ford doesn't have a factory in Alaska building Focuses.

And a car is OK if it sits for 3 weeks and it'll be detailed (that's a part of the service fee)

If your wife walked into my showroom saying she wanted "Flat our invoice price and not a penny more" after a few minutes of trying to get her to understand that's not going happen I'd thank her for her time and tell her to have a lovely day.