Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #1345
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaman View Post
What can you talk a dealer out of?

I am on the peninsula of Alaska and my wife insists on not paying delivery, doc and any other fee. She wants flat out invoice price plus any incentives, the dealership here is advertising the base S model for about $14895, of course the add didn't say anything about other fee's, though we did swing by and take a look and they have five base models that have been sitting there for three weeks and dirty unmoved.

I have $8,000 down and no trade in, was going to go work out a price and take it into the bank and do my own bank work.

We really want this car and I am willing to pay what I have to pay but I want a good deal still and lowest payments I can get.

AK has the same incentive here $750 plus $750 trade so if you qualify for both that is $15,282 at invoice so they are selling it $387 below invoice ($495 holdback). Did they say they'd honor the price without the trade even?
I really doubt the dealer would sell it without any dealer fees, destination is included on the invoice, you can't really negotiate on an item on the invoice since it is set from Ford not the dealer.

Are you looking at Cal Worthington Ford Lincoln?
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com