Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - M-3000-ZX3 kit questions
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's been a GREAT car for me Jake, The suspension kit was a very good upgrade - nice ride & handling.

Got some SVT wheels from '04 locally from a member who took 'em off the first year he owned his SVT (it's a one year pattern, a six spoke who's appearance has "grown" on me).

An instrument cluster from the same family (dad's a Ford nut) gave me the Tach. I REALLY wanted & solved my intermittent brake warning issue as well...

It's a bit "odd" that the "High Line" cluster only came on cars with automatics, when the stick is when you really want one....

Don't forget the bolts for your new arms when you're ordering parts, I like using "stock" pieces whenever avail..

Black is the color my good condition manual trans. car came in, if I had to choose I'd pick your blue since I don't think our model came in the Focus green I like as well (seen a LOT of SPI's in that color, and a few wagons....) Can't complain, the sunroof is a "plus" I LOVE, but might not have "splurged" for if I was buying new (a bit pricey).

One other "Mod." I'd recommend is the BSD kit. I won one at the "fest" - it lets the engine rev. a bit quicker, takes 20 lbs. off the front end, and I don't notice any appreciable difference in vibration without the balancer in there. Gives an extra quart of oil capacity as well...

Take Care,

Sailor