Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Picture Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #3662
champjfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96072
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES in Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 champjfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldurs390 View Post
isnt it more likly to get a ticket from hid in stocks over projectors?
Thats what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popwarhomie View Post
OEM is 4300k. Stay with 4300k or 5000k There are a few threads on projector retrofits.

If your going to run HIDs you need to run projectors. At least some ebay projectors but a retrofit is the best.

HIDs in stock halogen based headlights GLARE doesn't matter if you "aimed them down".
I like the OEM, brightest white with no blue or yellow tint. I want the same for fog and headlights.
I was thinking if I did HID, I would do it in the eBay projectors. Black or chrome housing on my red focus? Glare on stock from HID=always and I dont want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matz2453 View Post
Nope before car compaies started using projectors they threw hids into regular stock housings, and plus nowadays everyone and their grandma is running hids in regular head lights
True about alot of people having them but did they really put HID's in stock halogen housings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matz2453 View Post
I got pulled over a few months ago just so the cop could ask me where I got my hids, how I liked them, so he could get a set for his daughter and her focus
Really? Really........? lol
SES #035:
LED plate lights, LED map lights, LED cargo lights, remote start system, Sylvania LEDriving reverse lights