Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #1008
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jernel View Post
I just bought a used 2012 Focus SFE. Built in April-2011. It had the shuddering issues when coasting in drive from a dead stop. Local dealer did the computer upgrade (TSB dated 4/1/12). The problem is now fixed. It drives wonderful now....
Hey jernel,

I appreciate your loyalty to the Ford family as well as the accolades for the Focus. Posting your story on Social.Ford.com would be a great opportunity to share with other family members, execs and engineers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerveson View Post
I took my car into the dealer this weekend to have them take a look at the transimission. Ironically while driving the car earlier that morning, the 1st gear shuddering was almost unnoticable... had a great experience at the dealer and they were more than willing to listen and help out with any issues I had. I would higly recommend Walnut Creek Ford if you are in the SF Bay Area.
Hello Swerveson,

That's a great dealership experience!

How's about posting it on Social.Ford.com?! I'm sure your dealer would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
I had the Transmission update a couple weeks back. I never felt the car was right, but after the update it was better. I say better because it still did odd things. ...
Well I took my car in Saturday to get the steering gear fixed and I knew they were providing me a loaner car....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
I only bought my car 6 weeks ago...
Hey xpartmgr,

Thanks for providing the info via PM. The Customer Service Manager will assist in making this process as painless as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideSax711 View Post
My car was built 11/11 and I just bought it a couple weeks ago. How do I know if it has the most recent TSB updates or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideSax711 View Post
It runs fine so far but it would be nice to know if they updated it before selling it.
Hello PrideSax711,

Is your Focus experiencing any of the symptoms stated on the thread? If so, please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR17 View Post
... Seems to be great in every way with nearly 1000 miles already. The car drives and shifts perfectly. It's a shame the car belongs to my wife though. I want one now!
Hey TBR17,

You're a great husband; what's your is hers, what's her is hers! lol

I'm delighted to know your satisfaction with the Focus has exceeded expectations. Our executives and engineers would be happy to read your accolade on Social.Ford.com. Check it out and post away when you have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrono View Post
Just got ours back from the dealer this morning after having service work and the TSB for the transmission applied. Did a little start and stop and highway driving and I have noticed a difference in the way it shifts...
'Sup sdrono

Your dealer visit seems to have taken care of the concern. In the event you ever need assistance from the Customer Service Manager in your area, please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information to begin the escalation process.

Thanks all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford