FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howelljw View Post
So I've had my 2012 Ford Focus for less than two weeks--and just over 400 miles--and as of this morning I'm having the same issue with the transmission grinding. Are there any updates on the matter?...
Hello

to the forum!

There is a recommended break-in period of 1000 miles as stated on page 5 of the Owner Manual. Some Focus owners have experienced a smoothing out of vehicle as time went by. However, if you like, please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgadawg View Post
...After discussing the issues again with my service advisor and the dealership owner I no longer own my 2012 Focus. I am now the owner of a 2012 Ford Escape....
Hello westgadawg,

I'm sorry to hear about this and would like to thank you for your loyalty to Ford Motor Company. Please don't hesitate to contact me for assistance in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk2440 View Post
I'm having the same issue described by others on this post. I bought my Focus end of December and it currently has around 2800 miles on it. I just noticed the grinding noise for the first time the other day when the car shifts out of first gear....
Hey Hawk2440,

I’m available to help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Thanks,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford