Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #120
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi Noemi,

Thanks for visiting us again. I don't mean any offense, but the way my quotes were pulled out of context makes it look like these last 2 months has been a great experience from start to finish. Service manager was very personable, customer service has been fantastic. I may finally get my car back without an annoying vibration everywhere I drive. However, the troubleshooting used to diagnose the problem has been abyssmal. I will never visit this dealership to have work done on my car again. I simply don't trust their mechanics. I wouldn't trust them with the brake job that my 2005 Focus needs, and I wouldn't trust them with an oil change on my 2012 Focus.

I'm not a mechanic, but I do have a physics degree. Given a rotational vibration noise at certain speeds, the first thing that should be checked would be wheels and tires by checking balance or alignment. Something out of whack is causing resonance. It would be the cheapest and easiest solution. Instead, the service department shunned me at the start. I then had to go straight to the service manager (who is a very good people person, not a mechanic), I got Ford Customer Service involved, and I 100% believe the escalation caused the small cheap fixes to be overlooked. We went straight to swapping parts because nobody wanted to do the basic troubleshooting.

Again, this is all assuming that a wheel or tire is truly bad. Today I'll find out. I still believe that the problem with my car was nobody's fault. Nobody threw a bad tire or wheel on there to ruin my experience with the vehicle. Crap happens But I won't be filling out a customer survey for the service dealer, trust me nobody would want to read that.

I'll let you all know how this goes.