Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #118
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd prefer the refund so I wouldn't have to risk going through this again with another Focus, and since I'd be losing my car I'd need to purchase another one

I'm not sure what state you live in, so check your Lemon Law. In Florida, if the car has had 3 attempted fixes and/or it has been in the shop (out of service) for 15 days, you must send a Vehicle Defect Notification to the manufacturer. Your state will likely provide a generic one online with instructions on how to send it. Florida says to fill one out, make 2 copies. Send one copy to the manufacturer certified mail with a return receipt requested, and send another copy regular mail to the Attorney General of Florida. Hold on to the third for your own reference. I did exactly this today. However, it may have been unnecessary

The dealership called today around 5:30 pm. The FSE had been fiddling with the car since noon. The service rep was calling to claim that they have isolated and potentially resolved the problem. They isolated the noise to one side of the rear of the car. They swapped the wheels and tires on the car from another vehicle, and voila, the vibration is gone.....

I can't help but wonder that if this is true, why in god's name was that not done from the very beginning? The very first thing that I asked the first time I dropped the car off was, "Hey, are the wheels out of balance? Is the alignment off? Could it be the wheel bearings?" Their way of checking if something was wrong was to rotate the wheels and go for a test drive. Hum still there. Maybe known good wheels and tires should have been used, ya think? NAH, let's throw over $1000 worth of parts at it and make the customer come back to the godforsaken service department FIVE times over the span of nearly 2 months.

They are ordering a new wheel or tire, whichever they think was bad. I'll get a call back tomorrow after they install it. I don't know what else to say.