Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #137
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just an update on my workaround with the Jabra Freeway

It looks larger in the pic but I was surprised it's pretty compact. Its about the size of my Iphone in a Lifeproof case. If your not familiar with that case then basically its just a tad bit bigger than an iphone 4.

So I let it charge completely and when I got out to the car I slipped it over the driver's visor and it fits great. It was very easy to pair. I would say ridiculously easy.

I was curious mainly how it would seem to integrate with my existing SYNC Hands free so I got up on the highway and made a call into my voicemail first with Sync. Playback was HORRIBLE (no surprise there). Next call I simply reached up and pressed the voice button on the Jabra and it asked for a command. I said. Phone commands and it activated my Iphone's built in voice dialer. I told it to call my Voicemail which it did. This time I tested a recording on the highway going 70+. Playback was clear and sounded like my handset basically. Background was very minimal. The music I was listening too on Sync was muted. It obviously detects the phone is in use.

SO I tested with a friend of mine. I started with the Sync hands free and he said I sounded like I had my head sticking out the sunroof. LOL. I was curious if I could successfully transfer a call to the Jabra. I tapped the phone button on the Jabra and the call routed right to it. The difference was night and day.

The little Jabra is nice though. The built in speaker sounds really good. Its not the same as hearing the call over the speakers in the car but the jabra is right there over my head so you can hear just fine and the biggest benefit is they can hear you perfectly. Its also cool because when you get in the car it says. Connected. It will auto turn off when you leave the car. It uses a motion sensor to detect that your in the car and powers up.

I'll continue to use this as a workaround until there's ever a real fix from ford on this issue.

Just wanted to share my workaround with ya.

B.