Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
AutoX Adjustments

So ... I have been holding a great lead in the STF division here in Houston, TX.

But I needed to get some opinions on adjustments from you guys.

I still feel that my car isn't pushing it's max just yet ... not being able to use the full ability of my parts.

So for each event, I have changed everything ... and we will be running our 5th event next month.

My specs that I change:
- I have the Hankook RS3 at 225/50/R16 ... my fronts have been set to around 36-38 psi and my back from 37-40psi. I adjust depending on the temps here in Houston.

- I have the KYB Adjustables ... I have been commonly using setting 2 or 3 up front and 6 or 7 in the back. Depending on how hard the turns are ... I sometimes mix up the adjustments in the back as well.
: : I have found that when I go 2 up front and 7 in the back ... it oversteers a bit much, so I am constantly adjusting my driving style to keep in control. Which I feel slows me down because I let off the gas to keep from spinning out.
:: But when I go 3 up front and 6 in the back, the car goes back to hard turning, a bit of understeer. And each time it changes, again depending on the course design and location of our event.

I also have adjustable Toe. I have been playing with 0.15 - 0.10 Negative toe ... I feel the .15 has quite a bit of Oversteer, but the .10 has a just slightly understeer returning. Should I keep this at 0.10 and degrees Negative toe or adjust it to something else?

I feel I am at the verge of finding the right adjustment spot to be able to only have to adjust a little here and there per event, but I wanted to get an opinion from you guys to see what I should be paying attention too.d

I left foot brake and keep the gas on as much as possible ... I just learned more about trail-braking ... do you think trail-braking would be beneficial to the FWD of the Focus? Or just stick with left foot braking?

There's a member in our division that trail-brakes his EVO and he says that helps him plenty. So, that's why I ask.

Oh ... and I have negative 1 degree camber in the back and 0 degree in the front. I am looking at getting some adjustable front camber for the car ... but what do you guys think?

Thanks.

-Ray-

Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.