View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #486
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
So, here's the new plan for the interior. This is all what I hope to accomplish in no particular order of importance.

1. I want to try and make it quieter. Most of the noise I am dealing with now is coming from the build itself, not so much from what I'm carrying. In the setup I have now, I used a covered frame style which is leading to a lot of pressure creaks. To eliminate some of this, I'm trying to use as little pieces as possible and eliminate the frames underneath as well as sealing all the seams better.

2. Make it much easier to remove. My plan is to build the interior in five section: the rear passenger seat foot well, rear passenger seat area, hatch area floor, hatch area passenger side wall, and hatch area drivers sidewall. By doing this, I will be able to install the rear seats if needed and keep the hatch area in the car.

3. Carpet. This is self explanatory.

4. I want to dislodge the subwoofer. The way it's set up now, the subwoofer is a permanent part of the build. I plan on having it in a box unattached to anything to I can easily take it in and out and move it around in the car as needed.

5. I hope to make it lighter. The weight right now isn't all that bad, but I'm still trying to use the lightest materials I can.

6. Upgrade subwoofer. This is also self explanatory but may take some time.

On that note, this whole project will probably take a while to complete because I really want to do this right. I rushed the first one quite a bit so I ended up with some poorly planned and built areas.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress