Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #100
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok so check this out.....

It might be fixed, but I will know more after it cools off.sometimes when it's hot the noise goes away, but it's acting like a whole new suspension.

I had the "works" package done which is free, and that may have included greasing the sway bar bushings or something because in addition to not having the rattle anymore (maybe) the loud noise made by suspension when going or speed bumps is almost totally gone. That noise did not bother me enough to mention it. But that noise was really quite loud like the sound a strut extending but way louder. That was probably the sway bar twisting in the rubber bushing when both wheel hit the speed bump at the same time.

The tech said he could find nothing wrong, but they for sure did something down there. I will wait till tomorrow or so and if it's fixed I'll go ack and ask them what they did.

One thing they did was to rotate the tires. They may have changed the pressure too I guess.

Crossing my fingers