Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #66
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the offer, but that's ok. I'm already working with Ford Customer Service, not sure what else you'd be able to do for me. I've already been promised an extended service plan for all of the trouble I've been through and I continue to stay in contact with a customer service representative. The 2nd new set of wheel bearings didn't fix the vibration, and the car did log a code for the power steering failure. However, the dealership said that the error was too generic and they failed to find a fix using their troubleshooting tree. I'll hammer on that issue a bit more if the vibration ever gets fixed.

The car is actually still in the shop for the vibration. After the 2nd set of wheel bearings didn't fix the vibration issue last Thursday, I was given a rental. Intermediate bearings were ordered and they failed to arrive today. The dealership said the parts should arrive and be installed tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to consult my paperwork and get an official count on how long the car has been in the shop.