Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #98
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretherius View Post
I've had my SE sedan on 16" steelies for about 3 weeks and I'm finding it very difficult to get used to the steering, wondering if I have this issue or not.

My build date is December 2011.

The thing is, I've been driving Gen 4 Tauruses (a 2002 and a 2004) exclusively for like 8 years, so maybe I'm just having trouble getting used to the electric power steering?

With the Taurus, as long as your alignment was good, that thing would hold a straight path for half a mile on level highway, and you could EASILY move the steering wheel a fraction of a millimeter to compensate.

This new Focus has incredibly touchy steering. I find that I have to push relatively hard to actually make the wheel move, but it's so touchy that even applying -pressure- to the steering wheel (not even enough to make it move) can change the direction of the car. I'm having to *constantly* make adjustments to my steering, but this isn't just at freeway speeds, it happens at 60mph or 45 mph or 30 mph.

How do you guys feel about this? Is it just me?
Not sure what you are describing is the same as mine. I get a "wobble" at highway speeds. It feels like there are wind gusts pushing the car around even though there is no wind. It can be very unnerving. If you are getting this issue, contact your dealer right away and ask them to fix it.